Home About Us Apostolic Free Library Questions & Answers Guestbook Order Online Search The Network

How do I counsel this one?

Submitted: 8/28/2006
Post a comment or
ask a follow-up question
Question: I know of someone who has been married for quite some time, but they are in deep trouble. They have fallen out of love for their mate and are powerfully drawn to those of the same sex. Is there help for them? How do I advise them in this situation? Since they are seeking me for answers. I don't know what to do.

Answer: There is hope for this person. But he (or she) must want to be helped. It is vital to remember that continuing in a marriage is not predicated on whether or not there are feelings of love for one's mate. Marriage is a commitment based on giving your word of honor that you will stay together until the end of the life of one of the partners. To leave a marriage is to make yourself a liar, and all liars will have their part in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8).

We suggest you advise this person to make contact with Sis. Lynda Doty, who can be reached through this website: www.awpministries.org. Before doing this, however, you should clear it with your spiritual leaders.